Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Reverse Alarm and Max RPM

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  catf1000s/p 
#1 ·
We were riding back to our hotel last night and all of a sudden my brother Chris' reverse alarm would not stop beeping. He put it in reverse, forward, shut it off and re-started and it kept on beeping. What a ride. 40 something miles with that beeping, and the funniest part was I was riding behind him and I thought I was hearing things because I would only hear it when I got close to him or at intersections. I thought the cold had gotten to my ears.

I also confirmed that my Max RPM does not work, or does not reset because not matter when I press it, it displays my Max RPM as 7640. Damn these gremlins and AC's Quality Control department. When is Toyota or Honda going to make a sled??? Bounce Mirror

#2 ·
My XFire is doing the same thing except the service engine light stays on (wrench light). I can stop and put it in reverse and forward a few times and it has stopped, otherwise I would ride it and it would eventually stop. It's going in tomarrow. Some say its a connection not plugged in all the way. I've checked all the electrical connections I can find, no luck.

#5 ·
Chris found it, thanks to Roy T., that damn bolt rubbed through his harness and basically kept the beeper on. I think Dan is going to get a call from Chris tomorrow.

I guess I will have to have him check our harnesses too and see if they are rubbing through.

G
#6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mike C @ Jan 28 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We were riding back to our hotel last night and all of a sudden my brother Chris' reverse alarm would not stop beeping. He put it in reverse, forward, shut it off and re-started and it kept on beeping. What a ride. 40 something miles with that beeping, and the funniest part was I was riding behind him and I thought I was hearing things because I would only hear it when I got close to him or at intersections. I thought the cold had gotten to my ears.

I also confirmed that my Max RPM does not work, or does not reset because not matter when I press it, it displays my Max RPM as 7640. Damn these gremlins and AC's Quality Control department. When is Toyota or Honda going to make a sled??? Bounce Mirror[/b]
On the max re-set there is a way of resetting it otherwise it will only show the 7640 which is the test number from the factory. Have to reset it every time you do a run. Help this guy out here on the directions!

#7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zl5600 @ Jan 29 2007, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mike C @ Jan 28 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also confirmed that my Max RPM does not work, or does not reset because not matter when I press it, it displays my Max RPM as 7640. Damn these gremlins and AC's Quality Control department. When is Toyota or Honda going to make a sled??? Bounce Mirror[/b]
On the max re-set there is a way of resetting it otherwise it will only show the 7640 which is the test number from the factory. Have to reset it every time you do a run. Help this guy out here on the directions!
[/b][/quote]

This was the same set up as my '03 F7 and to re-set it, you are supposed to just shut the sled off. This is also what it says in my owner's manual, but no matter what I try and does not seem to reset. Is the owner's wrong???

#10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (looneytune @ Jan 28 2007, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mine got stuck in reverse last night. It wouldn't switch back to drive, shut it off and same thing. Backed up a little more, hit the button and it worked fine. Maybe it was because I was at a gas station on dry pavement? I dunno[/b]
most likely it was to much load on it like a 4x4 some times you have to get the load off it and it will work freely, mine ground the gears twice like it got stuck in between both and found out you have to take your time and let rpms go down alittle and don,t rush it and it is fine, if it does this to anyone just hit the brake to stop it before you grind to much teeth off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.