Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Reverse Alarm and Max RPM

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  catf1000s/p 
#1 ·
We were riding back to our hotel last night and all of a sudden my brother Chris' reverse alarm would not stop beeping. He put it in reverse, forward, shut it off and re-started and it kept on beeping. What a ride. 40 something miles with that beeping, and the funniest part was I was riding behind him and I thought I was hearing things because I would only hear it when I got close to him or at intersections. I thought the cold had gotten to my ears.

I also confirmed that my Max RPM does not work, or does not reset because not matter when I press it, it displays my Max RPM as 7640. Damn these gremlins and AC's Quality Control department. When is Toyota or Honda going to make a sled??? Bounce Mirror

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Chris found it, thanks to Roy T., that damn bolt rubbed through his harness and basically kept the beeper on. I think Dan is going to get a call from Chris tomorrow.

I guess I will have to have him check our harnesses too and see if they are rubbing through.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zl5600 @ Jan 29 2007, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mike C @ Jan 28 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We were riding back to our hotel last night and all of a sudden my brother Chris' reverse alarm would not stop beeping. He put it in reverse, forward, shut it off and re-started and it kept on beeping. What a ride. 40 something miles with that beeping, and the funniest part was I was riding behind him and I thought I was hearing things because I would only hear it when I got close to him or at intersections. I thought the cold had gotten to my ears.

I also confirmed that my Max RPM does not work, or does not reset because not matter when I press it, it displays my Max RPM as 7640. Damn these gremlins and AC's Quality Control department. When is Toyota or Honda going to make a sled??? Bounce Mirror[/b]
On the max re-set there is a way of resetting it otherwise it will only show the 7640 which is the test number from the factory. Have to reset it every time you do a run. Help this guy out here on the directions!
[/b][/quote]

This was the same set up as my '03 F7 and to re-set it, you are supposed to just shut the sled off. This is also what it says in my owner's manual, but no matter what I try and does not seem to reset. Is the owner's wrong???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.