Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the specs for the tool used to adjust the reverse linkage?
I'd like to make one up at work.
Thanks!
steve

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
The measurement is 1.750. I used a carriage bolt and lock tited a nut on it at 1.750 and used that instead of going to the trouble of making a tool or buying one. Alot easier. Here is a pic of the tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,416 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Oh and there are a lot more posts for various measurements besides the ones I posted links to. Those were just the ones I could find in the first minute of searching.

When I last set up my reverse, I assembled the gears and then measured how far the revers gear had to move to engage properly with a dial caliper. Then with the cover on I measured the "forward" position, subtracted the amount I measured before and just used a dial caliper to set it up. I can't remember any of the measurements but that is how I did it.

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
That's what I did on my 2000 T-cat. 109jb, you might be right. There maybe different specs on different model years. Never thought of that. This is what I did when I was having trouble and problem solved for me. I guess if you set it to that measurement and it jumps out like mine that's not the measurement for your model.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I don't think there is one dimension. It depends on the width of the actual sprockets the chain runs on. If it is a 13W sprocket the tool would be longer as opposed to one with a 15W sprocket.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Finally got around to picking up the tool and adjusting my reverse...works excellent!
The dimensions of my cat tool are .420" diameter and 1.766 " long from the tip to the shoulder.It also has a fair sized radius all around the tip.
I measured it with the same digital verniers I use at work everyday.
I dont suppose 25 or 30 thou would matter much anyways, in the real world. I dunno
This was Cat part #0644-244.Cost me a whole $13.95 plus tax...

Steve

·
Registered
206 Posts
adjustment

My chain broke and I have the whole chaincase and gears off. the lower large sprocket had been rubbing on the cover. Guessing the previous owner may not have had the bearings installed for the drive shaft to be too far out?I dunno Anyway, would like to adjust the reverse when I put it together. Can someone be more specific on how to do this? And when I put the cover on, can someone tell me how to position the shift fork?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The measurement is 1.750. I used a carriage bolt and lock tited a nut on it at 1.750 and used that instead of going to the trouble of making a tool or buying one. Alot easier. Here is a pic of the tool.
Can you give a little more detail like what size bolt and so on any more detail would be appreciated thanks Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you give a little more detail like what size bolt and so on any more detail would be appreciated thanks Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
There is an inspection hole that it slides into on the lower right hand side of case. I have used a popsicle stick marked at 1.75". If its a 15 wide set up which most are not, then it may be a different measurement. This is for the 13 wide stock set chain set up. I think the bolt was 5/16. What ever fits into it will work. Your not looking to thread it in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts