Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 ST Turbo and need to replace the oil filter. Since I'm not a mechanic and new to snowmobiling, was hoping for some advice. Tried to use a small oil wrench that I use on my lawn tracter but can't get access to the filter with all of the stuff in the way. Read the manual but it was not much help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why don't you bring it to your dealer and let them do it. You should talk to your dealer and ask them to do it with you so you can learn how to do it properly, and in the future you can do it on your own.
Just my thoughts.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
260 Posts
LOL well it should take u about a 1/2 hour and 8 bloody nuckles lol ya it a pain in the ass what me and cousin had to do was take a long flat head screw driver and hit the filter at it base in the directoin of counter clock wiz and make sure u put some new oil on the seal of the new filter so it comes back off easier i think the guy that put the last one on his didnt and it was hard as hell to get broke loose.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
I'm not sure if I committed a sin or not but remove the intercooler pipe that runs in front of the filter. The first filter (the one installed at the factory) I had to use a large pair of channel lock pliers to break it loose, the ones I've installed after that came off much easier.

Anyway that's how I do it and it only takes a second.

K

·
Registered
260 Posts
no me and my cousin did the same thing not going to hurt anything takin the pipe off just air goes through it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you remove the intercooler pipe, changing the filter is a piece of cake. Just don't overtighten the new filter and next time it will be even easier. I like to use the type of filter wrench that fits the notches on the filter itself. Available at most auto stores.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Our Dealer came to our Garage in Fall and Changed Oil on a couple ST Turbo's. He had a special Wrench. He may have made it or Purchased from AC. Your Dealer can probably get One.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cehyoopers @ Jan 12 2007, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
get the filter wrench from a dealer or from an automotive supplier,after that no problems,very easy to change.[/b]
You can get the wrench from most auto parts stores, or that's that's where I got mine...

I found wouldn't work on the factory installed filter, way to tight. It has worked fro me on the filters I've installed though.

K

·
Registered
142 Posts
anyone have any part #`s for the correct wrench, or some photos of the kind to look for? I remember getting burnt changing mine, tight spot for fat fingers bang your head

1 - 11 of 11 Posts