Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, if anyone can give me a semi detailed advice/explanation on replacing the speedo bearing it would be great

thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hmmm....

Okay,

remove skid, remove belt, remove secondary (optional, but saves knuckles), remove chain case cover, release chain tension, remove chain, remove reverse gear, washers etc..., remove drive gear, undo and remove three bolts that hold on bearing retaining clamp. **Breather** Now, move to the clutch side and remove the three bolts and the bearing retaining clamp. Now, go under the sled and move the driveshaft with the cogs to the side of the chaincase. (it will fall downwards), and then lift it a bit and move it to the clutch side to get it out.

Now,

On the speedo side of the axle the bearing will still be attached. It has a black locking ring attached to it, loosen the allen bolt and then with a punch and a hammer, smack the rings hole to loosen it from the bearing. The bearing is now free. You may need a small puller to get the bearing off the axle if it's seized but make sure not to screw up the bushing in the end of the axle. Place a penny or something between the puller and the bushing if you have to.

The rest is pretty much the reverse. Do Not tighten the bearings set screw until last.

For any other specific questions, post them as you do it and we'll try to get you your answers ASAP.

Good luck.

Bruce

P.S.
I just took out my track this morning. Fun stuff.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts