Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 F7 with the duelly carbide runner. Can't turn at all. Can I just put a single runner on the same skis? Will this help or do I need to tighten down my limiter also? First sled with the duel carbide and I don't like them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
carbides aren't the only component you need to look at when you are adjusting your suspension.

I have dual "offset carbides" and I love them. I went to 8 inch this year.

Most of the guys here love the 7.5 inch shapers. And yes they have the same bolt patterns for your skis,,, just make sure you get the ones made for your skis. If their stock skis you just need to order the ones made for Cat......

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just replaced the stock dually runners with standard 6" carbides... night and day to the duallys. From day one my f6 ext 144" always pushed too much, even brand new. I have 200 mile this year with the 6" standard and I will never go back to the dually... it handles like my old ZR now!!! Love the difference. I'm going to snug up my front skid shock as I need less ski pressure now.

Of course thats my experience anyways.

Scotty

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you got the coin replace those factory ski's. Man what a difference my C&A Razor's with 7.5 shaper's made. Absolutly no more corner push, best mod I have made.period. :super_happy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
If my new 8 inch carbides don't improve the push I am getting I will be following everyone's advice and going to razors with shapers.

:ph34r:

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Just put razors and 7.5 shaper bars on, what a difference it makes. Won't be going back to stock ever again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts