Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the bearings in the differentials on my ATV. I wanted to check the gear alignment. I took the measurement according to the service manual, the result is 0.22mm. The instruction gives the value 0.28-0.38mm. I checked everything. The bearings are well seated. I was surprised by such a measurement result.
Do I need to readjust the gears after replacing the bearings?

·
Administrator
40,129 Posts
Did you make sure the shims went back in exactly as they came out ? They can only go one was as they are chamfered on one side only.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked it out. The washers are well inserted. In the front differential, you can't confuse the spacers because they have a different diameter.

·
Administrator
40,129 Posts
No I meant they are chamfered on one side but not the other. Stupid auto correct. If you have them flipped you won’t get the same mesh.

·
Administrator
40,129 Posts
You may have to purchase the shim kit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have experience with it, see if I'm doing it right. The washers have been replaced so that the gear play is correct. I know there's a special tool for this, but I don't have one. I think my measurement method is correct without this tool.

·
Administrator
40,129 Posts
I think you are going to be close enough. I would recommend putting all the cover bolts on ,torqued to spec, then check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts