Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but the 9796 track is a 2 drive sprocket track vs what's we're looking for this jag 440 AFS has 3 drive sprockets. What track would fit that?

·
Registered
616 Posts
As far as I know there's nothing available new any more. Kimpex was the last one to make a replacement track in this size, but they quit making them a few years ago. The problem is finding a track in that length using 7.5" rail centers.

If you need a track - unless you're lucky enough to find an NOS track someplace - is finding a good used one. Besides another AFS Jag, the AFS Lynx uses the same track, and the '80 thru '84 6000 El-Tigres also use them. There may be others, but that's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

Had I known Kimpex was going to quit making their replacement, I would have bought two or three of them and put them on the shelf for the future. The 3/4" lug version is a great track - if you can find one!

·
Registered
100 Posts
We're looking at what make/model to get as a replacement track for a 1990 Jag 440 AFS. Looks like it's a 3 drive track I'm guessing 116"?

Thanks in advance
I dont have a replacement but im pulling the track off the 88 wildcat to upgrade to the non outboard shock skid. but that track is a 3 driver track. I wont have any use for it after the swap because i will have no 3 driver skid frames. its an aged track but it was working great. just getting rid of outboard shocks.

Or you could do what im doing, find a donor sled and upgrade :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts