Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled looks like it is about 3 years old now. Any idea on keeping this thing somewhat shiney? I have tried Cat's windshield scratch remover, Novus Plastic Polish, Novus fine scrath remover, and Plexus. While some help with the shine, I have found nothing that will take out the fine scratches. Please don't tell me a jewelers cloth and compressed air (Nick), because I have to get the mud off first and that won't work. Even damn thumb prints from closing the hood leaves marks. bang your head What do the 4 wheeler guys do with their plastic parts? I'm beyond aggravated with the body panel finish on this sled.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I'd like to know the same thing Bill. Heck, even bringing it home from the dealer I noticed a few scratches on the hood that I can't get out of it. Maybe we need to put a post in the ATV forum to see what those guys do.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looney,

I just broke down and painted the turd.... So far this is my biggest problem with the sled other than my low beams dont work and the dealer told me to shake the wires....... :angry_mad:

The new paint shines so much better its not funny, it has the deep shine these lacked from day one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Addressing questions on plastic scratches. There is a product many have probobly heard about. I read about it in Snow Tech magazine probobly about 9-10 years ago. It was designed to clean and polish the ****pit covers for jet airplanes. The product is called PLEXUS and it works really well on all this new plastic. It will remove some minor scratches and protect from getting more. It is nothing short of awesome on helmet visors or plastic goggles. It works great on my orange F-1000 SP. Spray on and polish off with a soft, clean, cloth(cotton) towel. You can find it on the web or at some dealers. 13 oz cans are the way to go.

·
Registered
118 Posts
www.eastwood.com sells a plastic buffing compound to use with a string buffing pad which they also sell. It's said to work on soft plastics to rigid plastics, just watch heat build-up.It may be a good off-season project. I would test it on my 4-wheeler first, as it is hazed and scratched up good.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Try some Mother "Back To Black" polish. It wont remove the scratches but will give the plastic a nice new looking shine to it. I've used it on my DVX and really does help blend in the scratches and makes the plastic look almost new. Not sure how long it would hold that shine though since after one ride my ATV is covered in mud and washing it removes the polish.
Another product that is used on ATV plsatic's is Plastic Renew though it is alot of work.
The Plexus stuff does work good as well. The antistatic part of it will keep alot of dust off and makes cleaning off mud and dirt easier too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts