Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any good tricks for removing old registration stickers,trail permits and numbers off hoods and bellypans. I have a heat gun and used some wd40 to help remove the goo. just wonder what may be easier. the glue under it always appears to be a pain!! I found out the hard way not to use brake or carb cleaner.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think you will find that you are already using the best method to remove old stickers / registrations/ etc. Which is the heat gun method. BUT !! The only other thing that I can recommend to you is to buy some " GOO REMOVER ". This product is made to do exactly what you want and that is to remove any sticky residue. And just to be on the safe side, I have always gone over the area with a good cleaner and then some wax.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f7 patriot @ Jan 18 2007, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anybody have any good tricks for removing old registration stickers,trail permits and numbers off hoods and bellypans. I have a heat gun and used some wd40 to help remove the goo. just wonder what may be easier. the glue under it always appears to be a pain!! I found out the hard way not to use brake or carb cleaner.
Thanks for any help[/b]
Like Grandpoba said heat is the way to go. I use a hair dryer because I don't have a heat gun.

I follow that with mineral spirits to get rid of the old glue, I bet goo-gone would do the trick as well.

K

·
Registered
16 Posts
Be careful of Goof-Off! I tried it on my '72 Nordic hood and it wrecked the finish. Goo Gone is probably the same. I should have tried it in a low visibility area like they suggested. Learn from my mistake. A hair dryer is tedious but it works as good as anything. I took a pile of registration stickers off with it. Just don't use a propane torch. Even breif passes over the sticker will cause burns on the hood around it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
using a heat gun works wonders, it melts the glue and literally falls off, just dont hold it in one space for too long or youll wreck the plastics or windshield.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use a heat gun to remove decals. Then use Gasoline to remove the glue.
Gas worked better for me than goo off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts