Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how would i remove fuel from my cylinders on a efi motor? I have a ton fuel sitting in my cylinders because my stator feul coils took a dump!! if i unplug the injectors and keep pulling the sled over will that empty the fuel without putting more in by pulling it over?

or do i just simply unplug the fuel pump? if so where would the plug be?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
As long as your injectors aren't leaking into the throtle body, that will work. You might be able to get much of it to spit out with the plugs pulled & rags over the holes. just makes sure your ignition is off so you have no spark.

curious though how the fuel got in there, if the stator has a bad injection winding?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know thats what i was told.....my sled dies while riding and now wont start..seems like it doesnt have much spark and there is a whole lot of fuel in the cylinders

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I see, so your getting good fuel pressure & fuel is being injected, while trying to start it, its flooding, correct?

Do you have any spark? You mentioned it dies while riding, it then starts back up, or your looking for a tow rope?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it die while riding and hasnt started since!! i dont think there is much spark but a whole lot of fuel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts