Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to completely remove my choke because ive had nothing but problems with it and don't or can't get it to work most of the time anyways. Has anyone done this or have any idea what I need to do. I have it disconnected for now but would like to remove the cable from the carb and plug it maybe if possible, but im not sure how it works and if it canbe just plugged of have to do something special it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a good setup but i would rather just remove it, i just cover my snork when starting and dont need t odo it often anyways.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What I've done is where the 2 cables meet 2 into 1 I pulled it apart now I have the 2 short choke cables tie wraped together when I need choke pull cables by hand. Easy to lube there right there. No more broken levers.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (finadic @ Jan 8 2007, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What I've done is where the 2 cables meet 2 into 1 I pulled it apart now I have the 2 short choke cables tie wraped together when I need choke pull cables by hand. Easy to lube there right there. No more broken levers.[/b]

Yup, I did the same thing too. I have never had it fail since I did that.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 7 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...=48446&st=0

2nd page is pictures and i would pm him for more info. seems like a good idea for those who are having problems with there choke on the v2[/b]
I'm not sure doing this primer mod is good or bad yet or makes no difference... Because it connects both vacuum manifolds to each other.

When manifold #1 has more vacuum than #2 , it will pull from #2... Which will slightly decrease available vacuum in #1 and increase in #2. And the same goes #2-#1 depending on where the intake stroke is.

Mind you, I don't know if it's significant enough to make a difference or not. The hose has a small ID, and there may not be enough time at higher rpm ranges for the vacuum to pull enough air through the hose to cause a difference in the other vacuum manifold.

Maybe it makes no difference at all... Some twin carbed engines out there come with 'boost' bottles, designed to 'store' vacuum. These boost bottles connect both vacuum manifolds. It helps pull fuel from the carb float bowl at lower rpms. The thing is, those setups have their carbs jetted/calibrated for it, plus they are 2 strokes so it's a slightly different game anyway.

Hopefully it makes no difference. The ArcticChatter who did the mod probably would've posted about running/jetting issues if there were any. I guess the important thing is being able to start the engine, and that's a lot better than an ATV that won't start at all!

Just my useless 2-cent ramblings folks... Nothing to see... Move along, look away. :lol:

:chug:

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey no problem whit jetting.like i said pump it 2 or 3 time give a litle bit of trotle while starting and boom there you go. i am even running a cross tube on mine so both carb run equal vacumm. ha ha more power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts