Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off both of my rear shocks need a rebuild like there is no tmrw :angry: . So my question is should i take the whole skid out to remove the shocks? Or will i be able to get them out while the skid is still in place?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NightFireF768 @ Dec 19 2009, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well first off both of my rear shocks need a rebuild like there is no tmrw :angry: . So my question is should i take the whole skid out to remove the shocks? Or will i be able to get them out while the skid is still in place?[/b]
take the skid out,takes 5 minutes

·
Registered
331 Posts
Pull your skid, that way you can inspect everything, if your shocks are toast then i am sure there are some bushing that are in need of replacing, you could remove the shocks while in the sled, but by the time you do that you could of had the skid out! I was leary about pulling my skid on my crossfire for the first time, took about 5 minutes to get out, and i had alot of stuff that was worn out after only 1,300 miles, If you do decide to pull your skid make sure you loosen the track completely.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Did this job today on a ZL thought I only needed both shocks, glad I pulled the skid it turned out that not only the shock were toast but the limiter straps were bad and two idlers. Not a bad job only smashed my finger once......lol But as posted above it can be done in the sled but it is much quicker and easier to take the skid out and do it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did all you guys take the skid out by your selves? I've taken and put a skid out before but had 3 buddies with me. This time i'm gonna be doin it solo...do you think i will be able to?

·
Registered
244 Posts
here is the easiest way I have found to pull and install solo. first thing is loosen track then I stick 2 hockey sticks under sliders one at front of skid one near the back remove torsion spring tension remove bolts that hold skid into tunnel raise the rear end as high as you can (I use a chain hoist from rafters) pull the skid out the side on top of hockey sticks 10 minute job. Use the sticks to install again

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
GO HERE

Does anyone see these pinned posts anymore?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts