Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i removed my jackshaft to replace the bearings on both ends. Got everything back together and now my secondary clutch seems to have too much play side to side, like a 1/2", suppose to be 1/8" i believe. Anyways im not sure where i went wrong, i measured the shaft and marked where the old bearing locking collar was, when i put the new bearing and collar on, i had to move it to get the chaincase side to line up. Not sure what im doing wrong here, any ideas. FYI, the bearing collar is the last thing i tightened up once the brake disc was put back in place and pushed into the chaincase, though when I put the gear on it, the shaft seems like its inside the gear an 1/8", but the shaft will not move any more due to the brake disc. Thanks. Oh forgot, its a 01 ZR 800.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking at a parts diagram online, it appears to be on correctly. the round plate attached to the actual disc is on the side of the secondary clutch, which is the same as the diagram. Idk, ive checked everything, i'm just gonna go through and redo it, something is obviously off. I had to replace the inner chaincase cover as it was damaged when the bearing went bad, but its the same exact part number. Who knows, but thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i remembered those. I had three thin washers up againsst the bearing, then a sleeve inside the secondary, then a few more little washers on the bolt that holds it all on. the way it is now, if i put it all back together the way it was, the sleeve sticks out too far and the bolt doesnt even touch the secondary clutch, it just hits the sleeve sticking out.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
that being said, sounds like you have the shaft to far towards the secondary, or you need to re-adjust your shims.

you have to allow that just because you marked it, does not mean that it will be going there this time. it might need slid one way or the other a tad. you did just take it apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts