Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to relocate your rad? Also do you have to take off the front plastics? thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's not hard at all. You don't need to remove the plastic. Just make you a bracket, or contact GWC on here. He sales them for $50 shipped I think. Just mount it on the rack and extend your coolant hoses, and fan wires. No more OVERHEATING...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
yep pretty much :D if you can weld (or bolt it together) its not to hard to do just takes alittle time but its worth it not to worry about the motor getting hot from the radiator being packed for of mud all the time.

If you go over on www.High Lifter.com in the AC forum there is a post about relocateing the radiator and Polaris425 has a link to a cad drawing he did on my mount which gives all the measurements for the mount,if that would help any... :D

http://www.highlifter.com/forum/GWC%2c_nee..._1715961/tm.htm here this is it :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks man. Now wont you need like "case" or a "shield" or something so something doesnt stick in your rad?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just try to be careful in the woods and hope that the factory shield is strong enough if I do run through something.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yah but im sure you can make one yourself cant you? ow much would that cost 20 bucks as if you need to buy a new rad because of a stick or something you will pay like 100-200 for a new rad. So thatys why i want some sort of protection somewhere if i do ever relcoate my rad. thanks for the comment though.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
yeah i was worryed about that when i first did it but if you think about how many sticks you run over that could poke threw the radiator in its stock location that you cant even see.atleast you can see them coming when its right up in your face :D guess its a chance you have to take..

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
another problem is that i have 3 snorkels. 2 in the front and 1 right behind it. So that bar would be hitting my 3rd snorkle.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
can you feel a fair share of heat pouring off the puller fan as you ride?

·
Registered
183 Posts
If I'm going fast I can't feel mine, but just putting around I can. It's a good hand warmer in the winter.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
It does not put out alot of heat like you would think. I never notice it...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am doing mine kinda based on GWC's bracket but mine is 1" square tubing cut and welded together. I couldn't see buying more metal right now since I had this sitting around and its already paid for! I am still working slowly on mine since I keep forgetting to get my drill bits from home!!!

That was my post on HL GWC!!! LOL and thanks for the measurements too.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (six-ohh @ Jan 15 2007, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
can you feel a fair share of heat pouring off the puller fan as you ride?[/b]
that;s cool.... as soon as these freezing temps in houston back off a bit. i m gonna get to work on ripping the radiator out..

is it a bitch to remove i.e. do you need to remove it from the top or the side?)

hey mud kat, how did you get the kitty kat template on your rad guard? i wanna try that in green on my 700 Cat happy

...........and also does anyone know where i can get paint to match AC lime green? i have tried saftey green and lime greens that they have at the stores and no match so far

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
i painted my radiator screen with some lime gren paint from walmart,its engine paint for a mopar its not a perfect match but is very close.. its Grabber green #DE 1641..

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Six-ohh, I took my rad out the side, it wasnt to much of a bite.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got it from snarky. By the way snarky, Thanks. I taped this template over vinyl, and cut out. Then I stuck it to my radiator and sprayed it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts