Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
That's awesome. It says you made this post in 1969.

·
Registered
435 Posts
does one motor seem more reliable then the other?
i can give you a small break down for you. With a 1 cylinder you will have less friction the a 2 cylinder so in my opinion the 700 would last longer then the 1000. BUT it also depends on how the internals of the engines. So far I have heard very good things about the 700's. Good power and make a really nice mud ATV. I have a 1000 and love it! I haven't had any issues at all and it has around 2350 miles on it. I see alot of the 1000cc machines put some good miles on but then again they are still pretty new to the game. I would say the 700 would out last the 1000 all day long being a single cylinder. I am about the power and love my 1000.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. on another note is there any difference in the smoothness does the twin vibrate less or much difference in that. im used to a 500 Honda I know it wont be like that and not expecting it to just curious. thanks again

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am really comfortable on my 1000. In fact we ride from 8AM till 10PM when we do ride and my butt feels find. My arms are wore but that's because of the kind of riding we do. I have been on many Honda ATV's and they do vibrate a little.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The 700 single will vibrate more than a twin but what the heck. The 700 single is rubber motor mount isolated so it isn't that bad IMHO. I do notice that my 700 vibrates more than my 550 did but then it is a bigger engine so to be expected. I would vote for the 700 to last longer also or at least I hope mine does.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They will last about the same except the 1000 has more power. But when they do wear out the 1000 will cost more to fix. more power more money. I like my 1000 mud pro 2012 it has only 431 miles on it but they are hard miles in a lot of mud and water and still runs good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the 700h1 it's got enough power to get the job done I went from a foreman so at first I wasn't use to it but I geared mine and put a clutch kit. I can turn my 29.5s all day no matter what condition IV seen the 1000 in action their kick ass but I don't need that much. Regardless you gotta pay to play!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
When it comes to reliability issues the 700 is a more reliable engine. The Thundercats a prone to a few more issues like oil leaks, broken y-pipes and starter problems. Don't get me wrong, I love my 1000's but the question was which is more reliable and I believe it's the 700 H1. The 1000's have gotten a lot better over the years and most of the issues have been addressed. But with the added power you have the ingredients for more broken axles, driveshafts, wet clutches and so on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts