Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when I got home I had a package there from Arctic Cat sitting infront of the door, in somewhat excitment I opened the box hoping to find a nice (but late :lol: ) Xmas gift. Wrong, it was just front and rear reflectors that fasten where the bumper and grabbar attach to the frame. Anyone else get these yet for their DVX?
They have to be some of the ugliest things I've seen but it must be a saftey issue for cat since I believe it is law in some places to have yellow and red reflectors on the front and rear of ATV's. Given that the factory ones are just stickers on the fenders that can be easily removed cat must be trying to cover their :moon:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yup I recieved mine the other day..I was just checking in to see if anyone else got them..No way in hell I'm putting them on though.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to see you still around OldYeller :thumbsup: Did you get much seat time on your DVX this year?

I agree and that I wont be adding them to my DVX either, even though it is "law" here in NB to have yellow and red reflectors on an ATV.

Anyone else recieved the relector kit yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey im new to this site, i bought a brand new 06 dvx400 ts edition about 6 months ago and i just got my reflectors in a couple days ago and i agree they couldnt of made they any uglier....I'm definatly not putting them on....

i should have pics soon i just bought a quadworks power kit wit the air filter and jet kit and a BIG GUN full exhaust....

I havnt installed any of these yet im still reading about jetting and everything....

from what i read dynojets and mikuni jets arent the same....so im not sure what one to use....
quick question....if the stock main jet in my carb is a 130 mikuni and the dynojet kit i got says to use a 130 dynojet for my elevation

and my full exhaust didnt come with any jets or even instuctions so i wanna figure this stuff out so i dont have to take everything off twice to change the jets......

·
Registered
136 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoFastCat @ Jan 2 2007, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good to see you still around OldYeller :thumbsup: Did you get much seat time on your DVX this year?

I agree and that I wont be adding them to my DVX either, even though it is "law" here in NB to have yellow and red reflectors on an ATV.

Anyone else recieved the relector kit yet?[/b]
Yeah I'm still lurking around. :D No I really didn't get much riding done this summer at all.Hopefully next year will be better....I haven't heard of any "reflector" laws here in Ontario but its possible.You'd think the reflective stickers on the fenders would be enough but since the fenders are removable maybe these are a sort of backup system?..It must have cost quite a few bucks to send these out though so there must be a good reason.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oldyeller @ Jan 8 2007, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah I'm still lurking around. :D No I really didn't get much riding done this summer at all.Hopefully next year will be better....I haven't heard of any "reflector" laws here in Ontario but its possible.You'd think the reflective stickers on the fenders would be enough but since the fenders are removable maybe these are a sort of backup system?..It must have cost quite a few bucks to send these out though so there must be a good reason.[/b]
I hear you about not getting much riding time in this summer. I think I only got out 1/2 dozen times or so and no real big rides. Though I was able to enjoy the unusally warm weather and get out for a ride on Sunday, even though I lost a brand new chain roller on the trails :devil_angry: (forgot the loctite bang your head )
I thought I remember AG stating once something about the relector laws in Ont. but I could be wrong. I do know that for NB it states that they need to have relectors front and rear in the Off Road Vechicle Act. Thats why I'm thinking cat is sending these out.
The decal reflectors are good like you say unless you remove the fenders or they get blown off by a pressure washer (like mine did ;) ). Then if someone was to get caught they couldn't place the blame on AC for not having proper saftey equipment. Has anyone from the US recieved these relfectors yet.

·
Administrator
7,827 Posts
Ran this idea past my son tonight at the dinner table.
"How about we sell the 2 tigersharks this spring and get another quad?" He said no way, but after about 3 minutes he asked " Can we get a dvx?" Now he's got me thinking.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tiggershark @ Jan 18 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ran this idea past my son tonight at the dinner table.
"How about we sell the 2 tigersharks this spring and get another quad?" He said no way, but after about 3 minutes he asked " Can we get a dvx?" Now he's got me thinking.[/b]
Now that sounds like a plan :thumbsup: Depending on how much you use the tigersharks in the summer it may just be worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts