Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 440 ZR Sno-Pro came with a tattered tool bag that contained a double open-ended wrench, a plug socket, a screwdriver handle, and a emergency starter-pull cord. I'm trying to put together a more complete tool kit where I could at least change plugs, or repair a fuel line while on trail. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you. (also help pray for cold/snow).

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iambroke @ Jan 5 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just out of curiosity, where are you mounting that tool kit??[/b]
The existing tool kit was found (along with several old spark plugs) in the rear seat storage compartment.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
I used to wear a Moose Rally Pack (fanny pack) full of tools when I rode. Got tired of that thing though and bought a Powermadd storage box and mounted it to top of my clutch guard for this season. I packed set of wrenches, several screw drivers, pliers, 5' of siphon hose, jet board, needles, 1/4" nut driver for removing/installing main jets and misc other crap in this box. I also carry a 30' 1/2" tow rope and about 30' of 1/4" rope all wound into one nice little package and stashed in the very nose of my belly pan along with spare belt. Figured the 1/4" rope would serve for recoils and any other emergency situations. I am going to add some first aid supplies to the storage box I think. I carry all this crap on any longer rides. If I'm not going to be far away from anything I take most of it out. The rope always stays though, hope I never have to pull somebody out of the water but it's there if I have to.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Jan 5 2007, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I used to wear a Moose Rally Pack (fanny pack) full of tools when I rode. Got tired of that thing though and bought a Powermadd storage box and mounted it to top of my clutch guard for this season. I packed set of wrenches, several screw drivers, pliers, 5' of siphon hose, jet board, needles, 1/4" nut driver for removing/installing main jets and misc other crap in this box. I also carry a 30' 1/2" tow rope and about 30' of 1/4" rope all wound into one nice little package and stashed in the very nose of my belly pan along with spare belt. Figured the 1/4" rope would serve for recoils and any other emergency situations. I am going to add some first aid supplies to the storage box I think. I carry all this crap on any longer rides. If I'm not going to be far away from anything I take most of it out. The rope always stays though, hope I never have to pull somebody out of the water but it's there if I have to.[/b]
Awesome tips and advice Jeff. If you don't mind, I'll copy cat your scenario.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Don't mind at all...of course I'd like to hear that you improved on it and shared it with me...lol

Oh, and heres one more. The trunk is for emergency toilet taper now...LOL

·
Registered
154 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Jan 5 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't mind at all...of course I'd like to hear that you improved on it and shared it with me...lol

Oh, and heres one more. The trunk is for emergency toilet taper now...LOL[/b]
Don't leave home without that one!!! I'm sure we all have a story for that one...LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts