Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sticking this in the General Forum - please move if there is a more appropriate one.

I have been considering purchasing an ATV for towing rough cut mower, snow plowing the driveway (only light snows), and dragging arena as a cheap and temporary measure to defer a tractor purchase. Are the Suzuki or Kawasaki units worth looking at?

Any recommendations for what I should buy or avoid?

·
Administrator
35,841 Posts
Well you are on a dedicated arctic cat forum. Not many will recommend other brands

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Well if I was to go shopping now for a used quad I would seriously look at the 550. It’ll do what you want. If you can’t find a 550, move up to the 700.
If you’re looking at new, the 700. BTW all Cats, nothing but!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, not looking for a used one
Well if I was to go shopping now for a used quad I would seriously look at the 550. It’ll do what you want. If you can’t find a 550, move up to the 700.
If you’re looking at new, the 700. BTW all Cats, nothing but!
Not looking for the used one.

·
Administrator
35,841 Posts
You want an electric quad?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I recently tried one in Dubai safari last month(not electric) looks like Yukon Trail mini quad, So I decided to buy one of them. Is there any issue with the electric one?

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
A few years ago the engineering department at the university made an electric quad. Had a very short range. The only drawback is the lack of plugs out in the bush. Lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
If you stick to a name brand ATV and don’t get some Chinese off brand it should do everything you need. After messing with all the other brands Arctic Cats are the easiest to maintenance IMO.
Anything from a 500-700 would be great for what you described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Well i have no complainants about my cat and served me good for the past 5 years i just switched up to a can am and must say their is no comparing the 2. The can am was like riding a limo through the bush and having all the power i would need on tap was just awesome.. even the 570 can am has more hp that a cat 700 by 7hp so when you start comparing the 2 you may save a few $$ on a cat 700 i dont think it would ever perform as well as the 570

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have a 01 250 2x4 with the manual tranny and it pulls my swisher bushog great. I also have a 03 500 and I use it when I have to mow in very wet or rough areas

·
Administrator
35,841 Posts
Well i have no complainants about my cat and served me good for the past 5 years i just switched up to a can am and must say their is no comparing the 2. The can am was like riding a limo through the bush and having all the power i would need on tap was just awesome.. even the 570 can am has more hp that a cat 700 by 7hp so when you start comparing the 2 you may save a few $$ on a cat 700 i dont think it would ever perform as well as the 570
Just wait till you have to work on it.

·
Administrator
7,608 Posts
My brother just purchased a 570 can am. No way in hell it will touch my 2017 700 Cat. He dropped it off for me to put a winch on it. They are a bugger to work on and the winch instructions might as well have been written in Portuguese. Im not convinced on your hp numbers. Plus its has about a 4 to 5 inches shorter wheelbase so the ride isnt near as good as mine. It's a mid size machine, not full size like their 800 or 850. It is a nice machine BTW. Smooth V-twin and priced right. But anyway, the OP isn't looking for a Cat apparently

·
Administrator
7,608 Posts
Here it is.
20191005_194335.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
My brother just purchased a 570 can am. No way in hell it will touch my 2017 700 Cat. He dropped it off for me to put a winch on it. They are a bugger to work on and the winch instructions might as well have been written in Portuguese. Im not convinced on your hp numbers. Plus its has about a 4 to 5 inches shorter wheelbase so the ride isnt near as good as mine. It's a mid size machine, not full size like their 800 or 850. It is a nice machine BTW. Smooth V-twin and priced right. But anyway, the OP isn't looking for a Cat apparently
I just looked up those HP numbers so im just going by that.. ya the 570 are a shorter machine just like my 850 is about 4-5 inches longer than my AC 500. Had no issues with my 500 but after riding the new one their is so little effort put out riding that i dont come home bagged at the end of the day..

Ya my buddies warned me their a PIA to work on.. gotta do the first service next weekend... Probably no worse then trying to remove a front diff from my 500..lol

·
Administrator
7,608 Posts
yeah, their claiming around 48 hp. The 700 mud pro was 49 and the non mud pro was 42ish. This was from years ago. The only difference was the ECU ( probably timing and more fuel) The 700 single has alot of torque so it gets up and goes. My 09 would hit 70 mph, seems like my 17 is in the mid 60's but I've heard it will wake up at the 1000 mile mark. The 570 hits about 60/61 which is plenty with that wheel base.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts