Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Some aftermarket filters may flow more, but they may also let in more dirt. I like UNI air filters. They seem to filter good and have good flow. I believe that UNI makes the filters for cats.

Reactions: imdoon

·
Registered
391 Posts
Uni is what I use in my pro and 400

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
UNI they make the stock filters for cat and they fit and seal the best. Use the correct foam oil and your golden

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
uni is the only way to go if you must replace the stock....but stock is just as good.

But hey you can be cool and say you have a uni filter lol...at least thats what i do lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
UNI or OEM

·
Registered
391 Posts
The Uni filter would get better air flow than the stocker. On the one side of the stock filter the foam is denser, making the air flow more restrictive. So Uni is better.

·
Registered
52 Posts
K&N

puttin new motor in an 09 mudpro, it has the stock 2 density air filter, are aftermarket filters better and please explain why.
I run and K&N for years, no problem in my 07 500, nice rubber seal n all great air filter, the stock ones in the older machines are junk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yup uni for sure....ordering one here next month!

Stay away from k&n filters as they just let the fine dust right thru (witnessed MANY times personally) your new motor won't last so long!

Sooo Imdooin what's the quad count up to now? LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts

Stay away from k&n filters as they just let the fine dust right thru (witnessed MANY times personally) your new motor won't last so long!

Really because just when I checked my air box last weekend cleaning air filters, it was spotless on the other end, running that filter since I bought it, needless to say I do ALOT of trailriding....no problems :Bangin:

·
Registered
435 Posts

I love the name and couldn't agree more. K&N are the best of the best filter money can buy. Only for on road applications. With off road you get to many dirt particles in the filter. The screen mesh is to far apart to not catch it all. I used nothing but K&N when I did road racing and bike racing but I was told by everyone there the worst for off road. People are putting 10,000 miles on there machine with stock OEM filters or UNI filters so that speaks for itself.

·
Registered
391 Posts
K&N is awesome for a car or truck, not so much for an ATV.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass, but rick, isn't that what we get on here for? To repeat crap over and over again lol!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
looking for a paticular model, no idea what other models take. and there may be a new manufacturer out this year, don't really see a problem, better to ask the question than ruin an engine. and a brand new one at that, simple question, already answered, if it bothers you, why even post, as the question has been answered. wtf is wrong with people?

this site up till this point has been very informative, and have interacted with some great people. yes u pizzed me off rick. and yes i looked for filters, don't be so friggin arrogant.

all the rest sorry for the rant, if someone asks a question they are looking for an answer not some BS reply. that is how you keep a good site, that new people want to join.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well being pizzed off is always better then being pizzed on and I really don't understand your problem here, I just provided you with another post to read on the same subject matter.
maybe go back and read your post and the insinuation you put forth, any way i need to calm down. i had already made up my mind but looking for opinions, not to be put down. i know my way around a forum so don't go there, a simple answer was all ya needed, not a newby put down. if a guy ask s about oil , spark plugs etc, it may be old hat to you and lots of members but someone is unsure and is just looking for direction, hope this explains my position.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass, but rick, isn't that what we get on here for? To repeat crap over and over again lol!

Sometimes is sure seems that way.........

looking for a paticular model, no idea what other models take. and there may be a new manufacturer out this year, don't really see a problem, better to ask the question than ruin an engine. and a brand new one at that, simple question, already answered, if it bothers you, why even post, as the question has been answered. wtf is wrong with people?

this site up till this point has been very informative, and have interacted with some great people. yes u pizzed me off rick. and yes i looked for filters, don't be so friggin arrogant.

all the rest sorry for the rant, if someone asks a question they are looking for an answer not some BS reply. that is how you keep a good site, that new people want to join.

Well being pizzed off is always better then being pizzed on and I really don't understand your problem here, I just provided you with another post to read on the same subject matter.

Copied this from another members sig. for you.

Improving Search Results.
Better results when searching for specific information, Try this trick. To find threads where ALL the words, instead of ANY of the words "650H1, Carb, Jetting, Needle Jet, Snorkel" were found...Open up a search window in www.google.com In the find box type without the quotes "650H1 Carb Jetting Needle Jet Snorkel site:Arcticchat.com" & Press return. Find threads, replies or topics by a specific member; just by inserting their user name into the search list; Chances are, your problem is NOT unique and it has been solved many times before.

Are you in a hurry to get an answer?
Use the Google Search Tip

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sometimes is sure seems that way.........

Copied this from another members sig. for you.

Improving Search Results.
Better results when searching for specific information, Try this trick. To find threads where ALL the words, instead of ANY of the words "650H1, Carb, Jetting, Needle Jet, Snorkel" were found...Open up a search window in www.google.com In the find box type without the quotes "650H1 Carb Jetting Needle Jet Snorkel site:Arcticchat.com" & Press return. Find threads, replies or topics by a specific member; just by inserting their user name into the search list; Chances are, your problem is NOT unique and it has been solved many times before.

Are you in a hurry to get an answer?
Use the Google Search Tip
i know how to do a search rick,

i'm thinkin you just don't seem to get it.

i was looking for a filter for a mudpro 09, 700. for some reason a 650 h1 just dosen't come up, hmm? for all i know they are a different filter, sometimes different makers filters work better in different styles. and in different machines, lots recommend K n N. the stock filter, a few have said is made by uni. most recommended uni. I removed your insult FOLLOW THE RULES OR PAY THE CONSEQUENCES!

anyway this is all irrelevant, filter has been purchased,

thanks to all who went out of there way to answer and southsidecat has the answer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.