Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking a CAN for my M8 162 with the desire to loose weight and increase power while not offending my neighbours.

Jaws, D&D and Superlities are what I've found in my searches. Does anyone have info on these options or new suggestions?

·
Registered
113 Posts
not sure yet no snow here right now but I just installed a BMP on my M8 I will post as soon as we have the white stuff.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Our can is fully baffled so it wont annoy your neighbors or get you into any trouble with the law because of noise. It also was designed to perform like stock, so you wont lose any power like is commonly seen with the strait through mufflers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cam,
Let me know how your MBRP works out! I was considering one for my M8 but have not heard how they work. Also what elevation are you riding at?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, hopefully my can get here before thursday night because we are leaving for Golden BC if the highway opens up
if it does we should be up to 3500-7000 ft so I will let you know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies–I was expecting more beta. The Bikeman muffler and manifold look enviting. Less weight, quiet and a 5 HP gain with the manifold, wth other changes needed. Their website has zero reviews on these products.

Anyone out there in the know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not as simple as anticipated, fuel issues rise with the addition of a CAN with a Y Pipe as described below:

"On the M8 our muffler weights 7.5 lbs, not sure what the stock one
weighs but its way more than that. The pipe and manifold both make
great power. You will need to run either a fuel pressure regulator or
Boondocker box to give it more fuel. Clutch changes are minor, maybe
2 more grams. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Robb Johnson
Bikeman Performance
[email protected]"

·
Registered
52 Posts
SLP is a good compromise with sound and weight. It has a lower tougher sound than some of the lighter cans, Lighter=louder.The can has a nice smooth sound to it, not poppy. SLP comes ceramic coated also, I picked mine up from my dealer for 200.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what model did you pick up a slp can for? I spoke to slp last week and they have not even started on the 800 stuff yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Heya! A few weeks ago I installed a superlite on my M8 and LOVE the sound it puts out. It is ceramic coated.(in my opinion I got this to help with the heat issues) It does load the sled up a bit while ideling but cleans out quick. From reading other forums I believe this is from the temp. sensor indicating to hot so the ECM adds more fuel to cool it down. Thats if I understood things correctly, not sure?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I second that the Superlite is ceramic coated looks good fits good and sounds good. It is not real loud untill the valves open then it gets the Raspy sound and then it is pretty loud. Mine also loads up pretty bad at idle but like M-8=great says it clears out quick and mine only does this when it is cold. I was wondering if this may be the oil pump spring issue since it doesn't seem to do it after it warms up even at idle?? These are nice cans and everyone likes" Nice Cans"
:beer_cheers: :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I said I would get back to you about the MBRP can, I finally got it last wednesday and rode in Golden with it on the weekend. It sounds great, no bogs or anything like that, its super light but loud but I like it

Cheers
Cam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts