Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a parts sled sittin around and need the recoil off of it. My 96 zr 440 the recol took a ****...last year a piece broke out and i tried to half ass fix it. now my whole rope came out and need the recoil out... I need all the help i can get....anyone? how to get it out and what to do...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pipe was too hot on my 96 so i started taking bolt out on a 95 zr580 to see if that recoil would work and god dang i dicked around and could not get at the bottom bolt. it seemed almost impossible on this 580 unless i pull the motor. i gave up do to frustration and didn't even bother with the 96 until i got some input on here.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
There not bad the easiest way is to remove your can that opens everything up, then it should be 3 or 4 bolts.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that makes sense anything so i don't have to pull out motor. now when i take it out do i have to worry about spring or anthing coming unwound or coming apart or can i take both off and put the good one right back on. also i'm thinking of putting some loctitie back on bolts, will that be ok?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just loosen motor mount bolts up and pick up right side of motor to get to bottom bolt on recoil, and nothin will come flying out of it, its all in one piece when its taken off. I wouldnt loc-tite those cause their just 8mm bolts they would more than likely break off if u ever had to take them out again.....Piece of Cake fix tho.... :chug:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah on the 95 zr 580 i just loosened the motor mounts to get to the bottom bolt. took forever though, little half turns... got it out and into the 96 zr 440... that one came off pretty good, there was no bolt on bottom so i never put one back in... save me time and headache... i

1 - 7 of 7 Posts