Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Receive dthe new Sno Goer magazine

849 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ZRrrr 
#1 ·
Just a couple things I thought stood out:

Sled costs have increased 40% over the last 5 years. No other motorized vehicle of any type has seen increases like this.

Polaris has changed their entire top level with a new focus strictly on quality. This has probaly been mentioned before, but the article reinforced their comittment to building quality machines. I have to ask then.....at what point did they decide to "stop" building quality machines so that now they are going to make it a focus!!??

Just my opinion, but sometimes in the haste to push new tech and make things "look" pretty, quality seems to take a back seat. I honestly feel that a lot of sleds over the last couple years, although sound pretty impressive on paper, have really been lost on the consumer.

And now I have to pay 40% more for a sled that is of inferior quality to that of 5 years ago. It just doesn't add up.

If BRP's new Rev holds up over the next season, I think they will once again steal even MORE market share. "If you build it, they will come"!!!

My rant for the day...............

See less See more
#2 ·
Polaris made that Fusion thing, nuff said

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure that depends on the Local dealers. Ski-doo in my town has very little leftovers, but you can get a 2005 Yamaha up there in a crate still.

As for the new Rev Xp, saw one on Saturday. Very little snow left here so it was mainly on a icy trail, but it does look pretty sharp. We never stopped to really size it up as it was a Doo.

#5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Mar 23 2007, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
UMMMMM did you know SKI-DOO has the most left overs every year ??? I can still find alot of older sleds in the boxes...
Yes I know you can find other manu. with sleds still in box, but no where near close to what ski-doo has..[/b]
Not around here!!

It was just my opinionated rant for the day anway. Not looking to start a big debate. If my wages had gone up 40% over the last 5 years, I would buy the best of each manufacturer and make my own decisions!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.