Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time getting a recall clearance letter for a sled I just bought. Anybody ever have any luck talking to someone at arctic cat about this. If you have do you have a phone number. It either has to come directly from Arctic Cat or a dealer printout? I had the dealer I bought the sled from write a letter on company letterhead and sign and stamp it and the RIV said that's not good enough. Any help would be appreciated, I would like to get this thing registered and drive it before the snow melts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try e-mailing [email protected] and requesting your letter from them, include your VIN. The phone number that you MAY get from the Thief River Falls people for Canada does not allow you to leave a message, and the instructions are spoken rather fast to copy down. Watch the number you MAY be given next, as it is for a garment factory. No joke, TWICE they gave me that same number.

The e-mail route is the best I have found.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I Called the U.S. number, but they forwarded my info to the Canadian HQ's who got back to me pretty quick. They mailed me the recall clearance letter since I didn't have a fax machine. I had no outstanding recalls tho, and there's probably a lot less demand in June then there is now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I faxed my request for a clearance recall letter into the Winnipeg, Canada office 12 days ago with no responce.

I emailed the US customer service/Daniel D. with my Vin# and contact information. She called me back within 2 hours and told me that Arctic Cat should not be compared to other snowmobile companies customer service (Polaris gave me my Recall Clearance Letter within 15 minutes of my request).

Daniel informed my that I had only been waiting 8 banking/working days and that they need MANY WEEKS to process this request due to the Canadain dollar being so high right now. (Does not seem to affect Polaris, as I just got a recall letter from Polaris last week, two in the last year, and both times they provided it within 15 minutes)

Bottom line.. Arctic Cat needs to stop defending their problem with a 20 minute customer service phone call, and instead quietly provide the 3 minute service of looking up the VIN# information and faxing the form clearance letter to their most important people, their customers.

Being told to wait 2 weeks to a month or more is not acceptable when your children are waiting to use a new purchase. My next stop is making a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Comsumer Affairs Gov of Canada.

POLARIS PROVIDES MUCH BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE in Canada than Arctic Cat.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Yeah, but who would want to ride a poolaris when you can ride a Arctic Cat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.