Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I rebuilt the water pump yesterday and rode it for about 3miles. Today I ripped the belly pan off again and notice there is what looks like weeping from the weep hole is it possible I got a bad mechanical seal? I replaced the oil seal-mechanical seal-new impeller and seal behind the impeller.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Did you put a little silicone sealant where the case halves meet? Did you replace the washers on the bolt? Did you get the part of the mechanical seal that goes into the impellar in the right way?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no sealant because I was told not to by others. Yes on washer on the bolt. and I think so on the mechanical seal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, I went today and borrowed a psi tester for coolant I cleaned what looked like a drip off where the weephole is at and put 100 psi on my system and watched the weephole nothing ever came out. Maybe that antifreeze was there since I changed everything over? The pressure seemed not to move either.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on my 800, the oil seal got rolled when installed and the spring inside it poppef out causing it to leak afer a couple rides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts