Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Imwrapping up the rebuild on my 650h1 mudpro and have run into a snag. The problem I have now its my cylinder I currently have has a score in the wall from the rings that failed and Ive been told that you cant find over sized pistons for these machines. Now I can get my hands on a cylinder from a 07 650h1, is it possible to use this cylinder on my 2010?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I got the motor all together and in the bike ran through the break in fine no issues. Now it won’t turn over past the compression stroke it seem. I pull the plug and it spins over fine put it back in and it will start. But sometimes it will act like it’s locked up again. I have readjusted the valves again and still does it. Anyone have any ideas what I could be?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Is it possible your battery might not be strong enough anymore. Can you turn it over by hand with the plug in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Agree about the battery... have you checked compression to see what you are at now? Give it a boost and see how it fires?

Original starter may not be up to the task anymore as well.. But check everything else out first

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree about the battery... have you checked compression to see what you are at now? Give it a boost and see how it fires?

Original starter may not be up to the task anymore as well.. But check everything else out first
I have checked the battery was full charged it’s a brand new one as of January, I had to just replace the starter after the rebuild because the original one couldn’t turn the motor over at all unless I took the plug out. Could the valves not be adjusted right still? I have them set at .004 intake and .006 exhaust per the manual I have

·
Administrator
37,077 Posts
Are you setting them on TDC compression ? The marks will line up on exhaust as well.
There is a compression release on the cam , it may not be working.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you setting them on TDC compression ? The marks will line up on exhaust as well.
There is a compression release on the cam , it may not be working.
Yes I have been setting the at TDC compression and even have double checked that I was. As for the decompression it was working perfectly when I reinstalled the cam after the rebuild

·
Registered
450 Posts
How long of a “break in” period? How did you break it in? Have you changed the oil and filter since?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How long of a “break in” period? How did you break it in? Have you changed the oil and filter since?

For the break in I would let it run and get to temp than shut it off cool down to room temp and cycle it again. I did that 3 times and than did full oil/filter change, now gently rode it around until this problem arose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts