Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have noticed you all talking about rear winchs I put one on my 650 and fabed a bracket.
But if I put a rear bumper on and use the trv or tbx mounting kit will this work for me? What do you all think.....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ide like to know how to put one the rear of my 650V2.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
If either of you have the rear bumper, you can mount the winch right to that OR have someone weld the winch bracket to your bumper and mount it that way. I did it the first way by drilling holes in the horizontal plate on the bumper and mounting my winch that way. Works slick, and trust me...I've put it under extreme load already and it's rock solid.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks every one. good ideas

·
Registered
257 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cardiocasey @ Mar 17 2007, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey guys I have noticed you all talking about rear winchs I put one on my 650 and fabed a bracket.
But if I put a rear bumper on and use the trv or tbx mounting kit will this work for me? What do you all think.....[/b]

Heres what I did, the winch mount I used was from a 2000 AC 500. I welded it straight to the LE bumper

Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So Sanny, the plate on the rear bumper will hold the weight of pulling on another or your own quad out of a mud hole with a winch? If thats the case, im sold.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I haven't put it through that test, BUT I towed an 8x8 aluminum trailer 50' across my yard with 1.5' snow in it. The trailer was "plowing" the snow and had a good 2' of snow on top of it. The winch was REALLY working. I also gave it a couple jerks with the quad, and the winch remained put. In fact, I checked it today and it was no worse for wear.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Can you get a pic of that setup for me?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is how I put on my rear winch on my 650 v2

[attachment=66786:p1010009.JPG][attachment=66787:p1010008.JPG]
[attachment=66788:p1010012.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks good todd

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thanks Sanny! So i can just use the same mounting plate that i use on the front, and just drill the right holes? Sweet! I bet i can use the accessory plug in the back of the ATV by the gas tank the also.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Hey V2Rider,
You indeed can bolt a winch mount back there. I didn't, but you could very easily. If you wire it up like I did, you don't use the acc. power plug in the rear of the quad. The only thing that does is send 12V power to the mini rocker switch on the handlebars. I use just one rocker for the "in/out" function and another 3 way (on/off/on) marine grade rocker to select the front/rear winch. I have solenoids under the seat. That keeps things nice and clean and easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts