Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good example of a rear winch mounted in the big stock bumpers on a CAT...

I have a 700EFI and the bumpers I have are all larger than some of the newer builds on new bikes, they are stock but just beefier... Rear has that large cage area that screams "mount point"... :)

I have seen a large battery mount that someone had on here and got a wild hair to go to the trouble of mounting a rear winch in the spot... I think a plate might be build able but, wondered if anyone had a pic of one they already have.

Any pictures or info would be great.. I already found the rear lights and so on... just seems like a good project... That and snork'in it this winter. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
You should post this in the 4 wheeler section, not the snowmobile section, then you might get some help from some guys.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lee's f7 @ Nov 10 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You should post this in the 4 wheeler section, not the snowmobile section, then you might get some help from some guys.[/b]

ummm. This is the atv section.

Coolarman,
Do a search on the net. I have seen pictures of them mounted on the rear before. You should also be able to find some here if you do a search.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
i can get some pics of mine

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
My rear winch is out of commision but what i did was buy a 6" drop hitch, turned it upside down and welded the winch mounting plate to it. I put 2 quick relese conenctors on the power and ground wires. Works really well and simple to make and if you want to take it off just unpin it and slide it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i mounted a rear winch on my t cat in the bumper i have a 3000lbs super winch in there for now i made a post about it as custom rear winch.
i cut the plate out of my old front bumper cause i put the bushguard on the front and had not further need for the bumper.
but with a little work you can make a plate out of some scraps or go to a welding shop and have one made.
i am still thinking of adding 2 more brackets to the bumper and frame for more strenght but so far it looks to be strong enough i have pulled myself out of a few places with.
[attachment=138955:08012009171.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AMEN: That's the one... I have the same bumper, figured that is what I will do to as well and then do the two winch mod with a rocker... Might even add the remote, I tend to use mine for pulling more from rear than I do from the front.. I just bull doze them with care from the front end...

Thanks, for the pic, thats way better than having it out exposed - (Contrary to the idea: Yes, exposed allows you to see it, clean it better.... I back into stuff as well as get bumped.... Winch out there in the open just begs - put on a sissy wheel. lol...

Again, thanks for the pic...

·
Registered
401 Posts
yea i did the same thing, i took the original small front bumper and just cut the welds off the winch mount and put it on the rear bumper. it fits just right. i dont think you really need to add any additional supports. if you really take a look at the front mount theres not a whole lot holding that little bumper to the 4 wheeler. the rear looks to be better set up for a winch. heres a couple pics just because i took the pictures after i read your post but my daughter wouldnt let me use the computer til now.

[attachment=138980:picture_130.jpg]
[attachment=138979:picture_126.jpg]
[attachment=138978:picture_127.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks flueshot, and all the rest.. I have my front (old little guard) that I am gonna cut out the mount from, and just move it to the rear...

Guess I need to check on a good winch, I have a warn up front but it was wired and its for AC... I beleive the stadard warn 3000lb is built a bit better... Not sure about some of the others.. I guess one is as good as any... Just gotta seal it up in the rear... :)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I have both winches loaded but now I wanted to re-wire around some of the fluff...

I bought a DPDT switch to switch between the warn front and the gorilla rear..

I have a wiring diagram for the warn winch and know how the promark/gorilla works as well, just need to find out where in the mix to locate the switch.

I like the remote with the gorilla and it looks like I could put it into the mix... Just gotta have some sleep and a few days to think about the diagram...
I found this info useful as I have the AC version of the warn winch as well. Warn AC Wiring

The promark has the 2 wire switch, green black and a yellow and blue to the winch, It looks to me that I could just use blend in the blue and yellow to + and - to the winch(es) and then switch a DPTP and use the remote and all on boh winches... Just not sure...

Anyway, if you have any pointers or know a simpiler way, feel free to let me know. ;)

Thanks, T.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts