Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short we got a few of the 3000 lb winches from harbor freight for $50 so I decided to throw one on the rear of the AC. My only problem is how to mount it and if the stock LE bumper will hold up. From looking at it I think the bumper will be fine, however mounting it is gonna be a PITA. It came with a mounting plate and fairlead, Howeverr the flat spot on the rear bumper isnt big enough to mount the plate right too and the winch will need to be offset to the right side of the quad by a bit in order to put a little space between the muffler and winch motor. I'm not sure how well this thing will hold up to water, but the price was right so I might as well give it a whirl. If you have any pics of your rear winch installs I'd sure be interested in takin a gander at em. If all else fails I may just weld some 1/4" bar stock to the rear bumper and get it mounted on there somehow...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got any pics sanny? My plan at this point is to turn the winch around and switch the terminals on the winch so it still goes the same way for the buttons on the remote. then just weld some flat bar stock onto the bumper and bolt it onto that. Just looking for some more pictures of a few installs to get ideas. I think im gonna like having a remote controllet winch.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
well do a search for rear winch, and sanny651 and you will find two different threads by sanny how he mounted his rear winches. Also if you go to the pinned section you will see a new wiring diagram for using a wireless remote with the same rocker for both winches.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I mounted my winch to back of my machine also, having two winchs works great.I will try to post pictures when I get my machine back from dealer getting a few little things done to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts