Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Rear Suspension

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  wfburton159 
#1 ·
Okay- I'm pretty sure im beating a dead horse by now, but I just cant understand what is going on with my rear suspension. It compresses but does not come back up unless I get off. Had the Zero Pro shocks rebuilt, with heavier oils. Put brand new Sno Pro springs in the rear with Grip N Rip block adjusters. Its not on a dolly and I don't weigh 500 pounds. Any ideas?

#2 ·
It's possible all the pivot points on the rear arms are gummed up with old grease or corrosion and don't move as freely as they should. It would have been a good idea to remove, thoroughly clean, and regrease them before skid went back in sled.

#4 ·
So to rule out all pivot points, loosen the 4 skids bolts a bit and see if there's any change. You installed the shock links in the same hole as before? What was the point of using heavier oil in shocks? I would think that would slow down rebound especially in colder weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.