Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Wow! Mega travel. Wish the whole thing was devoid of snow so could see it better. Pretty innovative.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i remember looking at it and it had a switch on the cowl. a preasure gauge. this thing was a build up of a lot of stuff laying around i'm sure. it was pretty insane to see it up close. took the picture up in the u.p.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (insaincat @ Nov 8 2009, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd get a nose bleed![/b]

:rofl:

I've wanted to build a trick rear skid for years. Something that would use a shock from a MX bike to be rid of torsion springs and use a coil spring instead. Aluminum arms etc. Problem is, what a guy can dream up is often prohibitively expensive to proto/build. I have plenty of shocks laying around to do it with, including a very trick Penske with a Ti spring. I just lack the equipment to fab everything else and farming all that out would be BIG bucks. All I want is a true 12" of vertical travel in a very lightweight, rising rate design, yet strong build.

Anybody ever see the rear suspension Eyvind Boyesen built and installed on a Suzuki RM (Boyesen Link I think they called it). Great concept, wish it could be applied to sleds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts