Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an old 2001 Arctic Cat 500 4X4 Automatic that I use around the property and I can't find rear shocks anywhere. I don't care if they are new or used. I don't want expensive racing shocks that cost more than the machine. Does anyone know what will interchange??? Even automotive ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They had them at Country cat earlier this week.
Thanks for giving me another place to try.They picture them in stock, but as soon as you add them to your cart, a message appears saying that they are no longer available. Same story with all the other places I have tried. There is bound to be shocks that are listed for some other application that will bolt on. Somebody must know, what will interchange,
or can be modified to work .?

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
Look at this thread

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at this thread

Look at this thread

Thanks, they are some good folks to deal with ! Ordered them last night and will report back with the results as soon as I get them and install.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got an old 2001 Arctic Cat 500 4X4 Automatic that I use around the property and I can't find rear shocks anywhere. I don't care if they are new or used. I don't want expensive racing shocks that cost more than the machine. Does anyone know what will interchange??? Even automotive ???
😎Thanks to all who tried to help me out with my 2001 Arctic Cat 500 Automatic 4X4 ! I ordered these rear shocks from EastLake Axle to try them for fitment. The guys at EastLake were honest and said they had no idea if they would work, because they did not have the AC part number in their system. EVERY other place I tried said the replacement shocks were no longer available, The shocks were amazingly well packaged and arrived yesterday ! My original mounting bolts and nuts are identical top and bottom but these shocks had a larger hole in the bottom position. NO PROBLEM ! I took the old metal sleeves ,chucked them up in my drill and laid a file on them just enough to smooth them up and they slid right into the new shock and everything bolted right in place, with no further problem ! On some of these machines the left rear will be close to the exhaust clamp in front of the muffler and if necessary you may have to loosen and slightly re-position the clamp.I have photo's of the entire operation and if I can figure out how to get them from my phone to this site I will post them. And last, the old 500 rides now like a dream !!!!

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
That is awesome!!

No boost, no bottle
Just balls and throttle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts