Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry_mad:

I let one of my jacka$$ buddies ride my bike today and he cracked the rear fenders. How much should they cost to replace. Is there some where cheaper than the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
i payed about $250 us for mine

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just recently read on HL that GWC just bought a complete set of lime green plastic on ebay for under 200...shipped (used).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I drilled and zip tied it and it will stay together but I keep the quad in mint cond so I'm going to replace them. In my 35 years this is the first thing I have ever bought brand new . My brother inlaw was with him on my wifes quad and said when he came around the corner he was putting the front head light back on also. I've read here they can pop off but I have never had this happen to me. I ride hard and respect my stuff and pay hard earned $ for things. What type of impact would have caused the light to pop out? This sucks, I will have to pay for these myself since I have borrowed and had his log splitter for the past 2 years.

bang your head

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not much impact is needed to pop the head light all I have to do is sneez and both mine fall out on my 650

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
my rear fenders are shattered also. I thought about replacing but they will just break again since this is the second time they cracked. The quad is to damn wide to fit down a lot of our trails. Im thinking of getting rid of the ITP rims and putting the stock ones back on to get my width smaller.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I cracked mine yesterday, riding a creek bank and slid down and POW found a stump in the creek. About a 3" crack. I wondered how long that would take.
JD

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ripped my left rear fender really bad a couple months back. I had my body shop bond an abs patch on the inside. I figure I am going to break plastic on this style machine (vs. my older 400). The plastic seems pretty brittle and easy to tear. If I spent the money on new plastic, I probably wouldn't have near as much fun riding... ha ha ha

·
Registered
147 Posts
Check out this thread from last year.....I had a simular problem.....the weld is still holding up fine. Broken Fender

·
Registered
723 Posts
I craked my polaris plastic pretty good last year. I used JB Weld on it. that stuff is tough as nails. Has never let go.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
you got pics mudfly? I got lots of jbweld!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I never took pics of it. It cracked right behind the front storage box on my polaris 700. crack was about 1.5 feet long. it was a clean break. I took off the plastic. Taped it from the top to hold it together. I mixed up the JB Weld and applied from underneath so you would not see it as it dries black. I applied it with one of my wifes nail files. Kept it somewhat smooth. I let it harden for an hour and re applied more in areas that looked thin. I let it set overnight and placed back on bike. Held real well.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Freetrapper, how'd you manage that? Muddfly, how long did you have the Polaris after you JB welded the crack?
JD

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found a rear set at babbitts.motorsportdealers.com for $ 158 + $15 for shipping. Not to bad my dealer wanted $209 + tax

1 - 17 of 17 Posts