Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have. 2003 ac 500 auto 4x4 and the rear input seal was leaking the oil level was about a half inch low so I filled it with oil I am a big truck mechanic so I used syn 75 90 and it was leaking worse now. So I pulled the driveline removed the three mounting bolts and pulled off the nose cone I replaced the seal and brng. Put back together took for about a mile test ride no leaks. My son went for a three hour ride and when he came back I could smell the diff fluid so I checked it and it was about a half inch low. Is it normal for these machines to run like that or am I missing something should I put different oil in it Sorry for the long post I'm just lost any help will be great. Thank you

·
Administrator
40,645 Posts
When you say low what do you mean ? 1" below the fill hole is what the manual says but accepted practice is 8 oz no more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was meaning a half inch below the threads I guess I was over filling and blowing it out. Thanks for the response I didn't have a service manual so I just filled it up until it came out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.