Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
On my 04 V2 Ive noticed that the rear brake lever doesnt seem to have any pressure. I mean I press it and it feels like the fluid is leaking by the seal in the master cylinder. It's not an air / bleed issue, and the fluid is perfect. The front / rear lever at the handlebar works great, its just the rear that is ineffective. So my question is... Is there an adjustment to allow the pedal to travel further? I do believe it's a fluid issue, and if I had to bet Id say the master cylinder has issues internally. Any insight from past experiences, etc would be appreciated. It's still under the factory 6 month warranty. Thanks a bunch! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
03's rear brake is nothing but 4 extra pounds added to the machine, I pitched the whole cable operated set up. In 04 they went to a hydralic rear brake, it's better than 03 but not much. In 05, the rear brake works decent, but its just an assist, its not suppose to lock up the rear wheels.
So, like molson said, either give up or lose the whole set-up. I'm not sure if an 05 system will work without some fabricating or welding to the frame. To tell you the truth, I dont miss the rear brake on the 03 at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts