Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got a chance to test out my 06 V2 I bought from the original owner with a whopping 38 miles on it. We headed up to Brimstone in Tn. Soon as we started off I noticed my foot brake no longer worked. We rode about 50 miles that day and I started to notice my hand brake seemed to require more of a pull to stop. When I got home I checked the rear master cyl. res. and it was empty, I thought well maybe it had a loose line. I got ready to check it and pulled the right rear wheel only to find only half of the rear aux. brake caliper, the outer half was totally gone along with one of its brake pads. It looks like it just broke in half and worked its way out, the rotor is also warped bad and has ruined the main rear brake pads as well. There is no sign of wheel damage or anything else that could have caused this. The atv had never even been used except for riding around a farm when I got it and was mint condition. Anybody ever heard of this type thing, and do you think warranty will cover it?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i would hope warrenty would cover it, not your fault imo. just keep in the back of your head there was a couple of calapers on e-bay a few days ago, don't know what they fitted but i did remember seeing them.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dropped it off at the dealer sat. waiting for them to get a parts list and yea or nay from the AC people. I could fix it, but it should be warranty at only 80 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.