Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 retro800 temp lite so much hate to ride it 13 800rr 450 miles per belt and does a job on junk belt guard each time been all thru heating system while i was at dealer changed filler hose filled up let idle faceing up hill tightend bottem clamp up @ 10*f SIDE VENTS on and just realy SUCKS the rr somebitch runs great till it self distructs a belt at will went all thru it with dealer upm dates in secondary lined clutches up with 13 clutch alignment tool still no dice $20,OOO.00+ INTO THESE WHAT HAPPEND 1973-2010 great sleds 12-13 forget it

·
Registered
147 Posts
12 retro800 temp lite so much hate to ride it 13 800rr 450 miles per belt and does a job on junk belt guard each time been all thru heating system while i was at dealer changed filler hose filled up let idle faceing up hill tightend bottem clamp up @ 10*f SIDE VENTS on and just realy SUCKS the rr somebitch runs great till it self distructs a belt at will went all thru it with dealer upm dates in secondary lined clutches up with 13 clutch alignment tool still no dice $20,OOO.00+ INTO THESE WHAT HAPPEND 1973-2010 great sleds 12-13 forget it
What offset are you using on the '13? I took the white secondary spacer out on mine, it limits the shift out of the secondary, almost too much where it will snap a belt in half because the primary keeps shifting and pulls it apart. Take the secondary out, verify offset at 1.450, I use 1.455, try the green/silver dalton spring. Same rate as the stock secondary spring but one less coil = less coil bind. cut out the batwings on the console for more airflow and stick some slp flo rites in front of the clutches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts