Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea - im no mechanic.. But i know how to turn a wrench.. i know the cdi box is my problem.. i have a new one to install. Now my question is were the hell is it located?? i got a 99 zr 600 carb..
thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (insaincat @ Nov 8 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Should be right of the steering shaft, mounted to the front of the tunnel near the fuel pump.[/b]
You said tunnel, but I'm thinking front of airbox. Are we thinking the same thing?

To the original poster, how do you know the CDI is the problem?

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kev @ Nov 8 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (insaincat @ Nov 8 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should be right of the steering shaft, mounted to the front of the tunnel near the fuel pump.[/b]
You said tunnel, but I'm thinking front of airbox. Are we thinking the same thing?

[/b][/quote]

Well I'm guessing cuz that's where it is on my '94. Didn't think 5 years would make that much difference, maybe it does.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (insaincat @ Nov 8 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kev @ Nov 8 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (insaincat @ Nov 8 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Well I'm guessing cuz that's where it is on my '94. Didn't think 5 years would make that much difference, maybe it does.
[/b][/quote]
My 95 and 99 are just on the airbox, so about 5 inches higher from where yours is I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts