Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to run my sled on the track dyno. The stock clutching wasnt real bad, its much better than what a stock Mach Z came from the factory but still not to its potential. Stock with D&D Y pipe and bullseyes 82hp at the track and my kit put 89hp to the track with a ton more bottom end and mid range. This was with a 15" track and 170 studs, sled now has 30 miles on it with dyno time. These numbers will be very close to a properly set up Mach Z so it should bring the two closer together. I also found that the sled will gain more power by adding fuel in the mid range. These numbers do not reflect that but I did back that up on 2 pulls. These are also with a heat soaked engine as I did not have a cool down cart hooked up to keep it at near perfect condidtions so this would resemble trail power! These dyno sheets will be posted on our web site soon........

·
Registered
412 Posts
When will the dyno sheets be posted on bigthunderperformance?

How much penetration (over the lugs) do you have with the 170 studs?

What kind of performance gain in the field/lake will this show compared to a stock clutching – time or sled lengths in what distances?

With your kit, what RPM is best – the stock 7100 - 7200?

Thanks! – Roy

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roy,

We are working on getting it up now. The kit runs in the 7200 rpm range as the F1000 is out of power at 7225 - 7250 and falls fast. There is an engine dyno sheet on our site for the F1000 by the F1000 nitrous kit.

Since I am not a site sponsor (yet) so I cannot promote my product on here but I can say in a general form that a clutch kit for these F1000's will increase your low and mid range power drasticaly and depending on whos kit you run there will be no fall off on top end power. The F1000 needs a good clutch kit to unleash the power that is hidden in them. I thought my sled was a turd until I started messing with the clutching. After many hours on the dyno we were able to match the Mach Z power to the track with a very similar power curve. You can also see a Mach Z track dyno run on our web site with a Dunn Performance clutch kit which is a very strong kit as well. Our biggest problem with the F1000 is that its not geared to the top speed as the Mach so big end MPH is going to be hard to overcome.

Good luck with your sled....

Regards,
Tod

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roy,

I e-mailed you back last night.

I will try and get a copy of my dyno sheet up today.

Regards,
Tod

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a track dyno run so you can see where the real gains are.

I put another 200 miles on this setup, it's working real well.......

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To compare, here is a Mach Z with a Dunn Performance kit which is one of the best out there......

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Curious as to what model dyno you guys are using. Nice looking graphs and very nice gains over stock! :thumbsup:

This is a run from a 06 Apex on our Dynojet model 360 dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a Dynojet, I'm not sertain on the number though....

Those are solid numbers out of the Apex, is that a stocker? I wouldnt have guessed they would have put those numbers down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts