Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we did that ATV Rally this last weekend and figured I would just throw a post up to show you guys some links to pics so you can see what it's all about. Some of the pictures can be seen at http://www.stanwoodmotorsports.com/shop/ga...amp;siteFolder= defintely a cool experience loved watching everyone go at the course their own way and especially liked watchin the guys launch the Prowlers.

Overall I was happy with my 400man.... sometime the shifting was kind of a pain when in a hurry on the course. Only thing broke was a rim, last run and I jumped a set of railroad ties and landed into another one blew the front tire that was about 50feet into the run but it didn't stop me finished the run on the flat. Rim is not salvageable totally flattened one side of the rim, other than that everything underneath looks good the rocks didn't seem to reak too awful much havoc. Looks like we will be doing another similar event this fall.

Post up your comments let me know what you think. I ended up walking away with a 2nd place trophy in the 400 stock class.

-Ron

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went to the Jamboree as a spectator only. I'm still waiting on new rubber and didn't want to run on the stockers.

I toured the dealership, and found it pleasant. I spoke to the owner, his father, and a couple of employees and found it a top notch business.

I was amazed at the turnout of this event. Atv's are becoming more mainstream daily and this was proof. I enjoyed seeing the "other" brands Pros and cons while the machines were being used hard. It was obvious by watching the event that speed is important, but ground clearance is equally important in the rocky, thick,deep stuff. Those places severly slowed the momentem of everyone, but the cats with their higher clearance allowed them to navigate more effectively. The boulders commanded respect from all, and the sport ATV's really took a beating.

The UTV drivers literally abused the machines. They got some good air, and some hit the boulders really hard. Some got high centered and had to be pulled, but all crossed the finish line under their own power.

The mud pit was a blast. The Honda boys cut in line so they wouldn't have to drive in the rutted stuff, and they hugged the shallowest boundry during their run. They made it, but I dont think they would have if they waited for their turn in line. The dealership owner even put his Cat through the pond and I was amazed how well the Bighorns performed in the water-mud.

I noticed that there was only one Cat (H1) that wasn't stock. I wonder if this is because the Jamboree was held at an Arctic Cat Dealership and there was alot of cats there still under warranty? I never would have put my Cat into the pond without snorks. Some there did learn their lesson, I hope it wasn't an expensive lesson learned.

Overall I had a great time, and I'm sure everyone else did. The parking could have been more user friendly, and I'm sure that if Stanwoood Motor Sports has another Jamboree that the turnout will be even larger. The word gets out when there is good fun to be had in MI. GUNS OUT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts