Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interseted in starting to race snocross, but i am not sure if my snowmobile could be raced. Its an 03 arcticcat f5.I know that it is probably fast enough, but can you race them? Has anyone done this before? I have never raced before, but it looks like so much fun. Whatever information anyone can give would be greatly appretiated!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ya u can race them they have all different classes for snowmobile sizes. But its not a very good racer stock... I would go for a 440 sno pro or something. There fast, got good suspension that can take a beating, and are mostly raced.

·
Registered
550 Posts
One thing I'd take into consideration is that sno cross sleds usually take a beating so if your sled is your pride and joy and feel hurt when something breaks and if you ever want to sell it it might be harder to find a buyer for a a little more beat up sled. JMO

·
Registered
53 Posts
My son started racing last year...we were able to find a 2004 sno pro last year...new condition...practice sled for a racer team....worked well and learned a lot...changed to a 2006 this year and was in good condition from a racer changing brands...had 6 races on it .....in good condition....like everyone says it will take damage in nearly every race.......you will be hit in just about every part of the sled...we run in 3 classes which is 9 heat races before the final so there is a lot of racing to get to the final....find a used race sled...and most important of all get help with just about everything.....we didn't know anything about snowmobiles and my son had not even riden more than a couple of times....the learning curve is steep...but there are some great people that have helped us along the way....and continue to help us...don't get to attached to it it may not be beautiful very long....keep the important parts clean and working and zip tie every thing else....if you need any other information feel free to ask......pm me....good luck its a great experence and something we do as a family....mom is not to happy about it but she goes to the races and is a great part of the team.......

·
Registered
53 Posts
he is 22 ...we never did motor sports...he was a soccer player and snowboarder.....he rode a snowmobile a couple of times an thought we should race....its been a learning experence but something we can still do as a family even though he's in college.....its not easy ...most everyone else has been riding for years and i'm no mechanic....but its a great experence.....work out and come prepared....ask for help ...........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts