Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
This weekend was my first time out on my 06 f7 snopro after about a 150 mile break in I got my ass kicked by my budies 06 attack 1000 from a 20 role. You can not replace cubic inches no matter the wieght the big bore will always win.

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (06f7sp @ Jan 21 2007, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This weekend was my first time out on my 06 f7 snopro after about a 150 mile break in I got my ass kicked by my budies 06 attack 1000 from a 20 role. You can not replace cubic inches no matter the wieght the big bore will always win.[/b]
Get more then 500 miles on it, DD is pretty tight still at 150 miles, trust me I have the same sled 102picks and I wiegh 235-240 depending if I took a dookie in the morning LOL..... but on a serios note like I posted above 3 times in a row both studded and the same result F7 out front by three after 1000ft ice on the radar track on Namakogen lake. I followed my break-in period to a T so maybe mine runs better then others......just a thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I raced the RX 1 the first year the F7 came out. I was up in a bar on Curtis Lake in Michigan when all these guys were bragging the RX 1 up. I went out and ran him three times accross the lake and beat him every time. That F7 I had hauled ass, my new F8 sno pro is a pooch compared to that F7.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We were up in the Baraga plains this weekend and had a few people line up against our F7's. I have and 04 with ODS and studs other is a TS edition 06 stock. We raced a new Dragon and an 800 Doo. We smoked both the Dragon and Doo, but there was a black Apex that lined up. By the time we got to the end the Apex was so far out in front it was not even funny. Never did find out if it was stock but it was amazingly fast.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Guys I'm a dihard cat man but let me tell you yamaha big bores run hard. My 01 clutched t-cat did 108 on a gps on hard pack. My buddies rx-1 also hit 108, a gps will make a liar out of a lot of people, you can not use the spedo to find your max speed. I now have 06 f7 snopro like I mentioned in an earlier post, don't get me wrong this sled is quick but it isn't t-cat fast. I raced my other buddies attack and he got me by at least five sleds. I know I have a snopro and that is costing me some power along with the diamond drive but I will say these guys that say there going 118 plus stock need to use a gps because 118 is impossible out of a stock sled. My buddies attack hit 107 with the gps when we raced.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just a fast post, owned a 03 RX -1 from new until 05. Never beat a F7. Never ! Bought a 05 F7 and spank RX-1's all the time. Can't beat em join em'.

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuskegoCat @ Jan 23 2007, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You won't beat the Attack or Apex but the other 1000 Yamees you will.[/b]
Not to start a pissing match but, in 1000ft I DID beat a attack, call me a lier but I had seven guys watching becuase of my buddies constant braggin about his Yami's. After 1500ft yes he walked away.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you are getting beat by " anything " on a F 7 take off that 1.375 track you have on it and put on a stock 1" . On the 7 a studded 1.375 is 9mph slower than a 1". And that is almost back to back runs, same sled only time out to change track. And yes that is on radar.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I geuss I should have stated my 06 snopro does not have studs, when I raced the attack we went out of the hole and he really crused me do to track spin but then we went from a 30 role and he just pulled away from me. All I'm saying is that the big bores will get you in a true 1/4 mile race no matter the weight. The attack is also a 136" 1-1/4 track don't forget that, but needless to say the f7 is just a little baby 700 and they run pretty hard just stock and I would not trade the weight over the little bit of extra power because this sled rocks in the trails, ditches and the powder and thats coming from somebody who has owed a zr and a t-cat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The rx-1 may be fast but its very sad when a 700cc sled can give it a run for its money and then some, chflagwv: I have raced a few and blistered them also have been blistered by them as well. Cat happy

·
Registered
103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snopropickle @ Jan 24 2007, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuskegoCat @ Jan 23 2007, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You won't beat the Attack or Apex but the other 1000 Yamees you will.[/b]
Not to start a pissing match but, in 1000ft I DID beat a attack, call me a lier but I had seven guys watching becuase of my buddies constant braggin about his Yami's. After 1500ft yes he walked away.
[/b][/quote]
I always say the race isn't to 500ft,1000ft or 1500ft IT's TILL YOU RUN OUT OF ROOM!

·
Registered
188 Posts
hey 06f7. you should do alittle research before you say something like stock sled will never pull 118. ill bet there a a few stock f7s out there that will do 115 plus. i have seen 115 on my 03f7 when it was box stock on long icy hard pack runs. i think with proper gearing it may have gone faster maybe not. but my digital speedo is nuts on with radar and gps. stock machs are running 120 plus and many will attest to that. i have ridden an apex a run with an attack and neither was all that impressive so till i find one that will run with my cat ill chime in and bash that yammi 4 strke junk.

ps. this year it got a little harder for me to find a faster yammi. thank you boss noss

1 - 20 of 35 Posts