Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - Anyone out there with experience in adding a secondary muffler to an 08 AC700EFI?
Curious as to how well it worked and if it caused any problems.
Want reduced noise for hunting and would either build a bypass or remove it for the rest of the riding season.

By the way, I read some threads re hard starting on this model and suggested to my dealer they check the TPS on my quad as this site had recommended.
They had never come across this but you were dead on the money.
New TPS on back order now for 3 weeks (sucks)...

Anyways, I appreciate this site.

RBH

·
Registered
99 Posts
You want quiet buy electric. My personal suggestion is dont worry about it unless your riding right underneith your stand. If your doing that nothing will help.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rather be hunting @ Nov 16 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Guys - Anyone out there with experience in adding a secondary muffler to an 08 AC700EFI?
Curious as to how well it worked and if it caused any problems.
Want reduced noise for hunting and would either build a bypass or remove it for the rest of the riding season.

By the way, I read some threads re hard starting on this model and suggested to my dealer they check the TPS on my quad as this site had recommended.
They had never come across this but you were dead on the money.
New TPS on back order now for 3 weeks (sucks)...

Anyways, I appreciate this site.

RBH[/b]

Why did you have to order a new TPS? Was the sensor bad or just not adjusted properly...You could have ordered one online and had it in a few days.

·
Super Moderator
5,047 Posts
There are add on quiet muffs, I think cabellas sells them, but they sell some questionable stuff. At least they have a comment section. Might be worth checking that out.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Those mufflers really don't work all that great. I know the Kolpin one doesn't do much. My neighbor just bought one last week AND took it back the same day. He wsa going to use it to keep a little quieter for hunting, I was not impressed and neither was he. I barely made a difference....Don't waste your money on one of those.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
seen them tried one sent it back on the decible meter it was 5db quieter :eek: .
sent it back and just run the stock muffler with no mods.
the deer out my neck of the woods are not affected by atv's , in fact just last week i had 2 does following me through the trails, spotted them in my rear view :lol: .

the muffler i got was nothing more than a marine muffler with a couple fittings.
dont waste you $$

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catwalkin @ Nov 17 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
seen them tried one sent it back on the decible meter it was 5db quieter :eek: .
sent it back and just run the stock muffler with no mods.
the deer out my neck of the woods are not affected by atv's , in fact just last week i had 2 does following me through the trails, spotted them in my rear view :lol: .

the muffler i got was nothing more than a marine muffler with a couple fittings.
dont waste you $$[/b]
I have to agree. Deer or turkeys don't seem to recognize a motorized vehicle such as an atv (or tractor) as a threat unless they've been given a reason to be afraid of it. They will sometimes move away, then circle back to see what it is. Other times, as long as you keep moving they'll stay put until you pass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys - re the TPS it is a warranty issue. The sensor was bad and AC has a hard time finding a replacement.
It's the Suzuki engine so possibly it is a more common problem???

As far as the exhaust goes, I appreciate most of the comments.
I'm trying to mellow out the single cylinder exhaust sound, it's quiet distinctive.
I was up in a cut block during a recent hunt and was amazed that I could still hear my buddy's ATV even though he was a long ways away.
I believe Moose and Mule deer will back into cover when they hear you coming (the smart ones are usually the bigger ones).

RBH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts