Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was wondering what the quickest tcat is? i have been hearing the 98 but i dont really like the look of the 98. i like the 99-02. but can i swap the 98 motor into the 99+ chassis?

thanks alot all'

·
Registered
247 Posts
All the motors are the same. The 2000 and up had flatslide carbs. The 99 was not set up well from the factory. I think if you are a good wrench, you can get a ton of help here to make the newer ones fly as well as the older ones!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bits and pieces from them are different. The 98, the first year of the 1000, was and is still the fastest production sled ever made. The old bathtub style front end, is not that desirable, but you can swap everything abougt them. 1993's had the best ignitions. You may not want a 98, but they were probably the best ones made

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (turtleheadking @ Feb 17 2007, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bits and pieces from them are different. The 98, the first year of the 1000, was and is still the fastest production sled ever made. The old bathtub style front end, is not that desirable, but you can swap everything abougt them. 1993's had the best ignitions. You may not want a 98, but they were probably the best ones made[/b]
so what are the bathtub style? what year?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Speed is dependent on the chasic as much as the motor. The 93 was the fasted. It was capable of more than 120mph out of the box. I have one I know. The 99 was tthe slowest. I have one I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts