Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a misplacement of my caliper, I would like to know if anybody knows the diameter of the handlebars and the pivot on the steering post. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I'll try to get this for you tonight Chris. I can't make any promises though ... I'm doing the "Daddy Daycare" thing tonight while my wife bowls. So I don't know if I will be able to get into the garage. What have you got in mind with this info?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I ordered a 5inch riser (same as stock but 5inch instead of 3) back in december, and today I was told it is going to be backordered till Feb 20th, and I need a riser now

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I'll have it for you tonight when I get home from work ... no "Daddy Daycare" tonight LOL

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Chris -

I lied, sorry :oops: Just got home and took off the cover to my steering assembly ... went to my toolbox and my caliper is not there. I'm not sure if my neighbor borrowed it, or if a riding buddy has it. If I find it I'll be sure to let you know, but w/o the caliper I can't give you an accurate measurement, sorry. Using a tape & eye-balling it up (for whatever that's worth) it looks to be ~25mm on the steering bar but you obviously don't want to guess. I couldn't get a decent look on the pivot.

I'm hoping someone else can help you out today/tonight so you can get this done ASAP.

Edit - found out my Dad had it. Ran out to the garage and measured. By the looks of it, both "tubes" measure equal diameter ... 22mm.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man, I bought a new caliper today good thing the one I can't find was just a $5 thing, not like the digital one I bought today.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Houleigan @ Jan 30 2007, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks man, I bought a new caliper today good thing the one I can't find was just a $5 thing, not like the digital one I bought today.[/b]
Cool - now I won't feel guilty if I somehow gave you the wrong measurements LOL :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts