Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new quick detach windshields will fit the '05 cats. I just finished installing mine and everything went together fine. The diff lock switch was the only thing that needed to be moved.

·
Registered
180 Posts
ANY PICS?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will get some out shortly!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a few pics, hey roughneck I see your from Boggy Creek. I'm about an hour west of you, by Yorkton.[attachment=60301:DSCF0172.JPG][attachment=60300:DSCF0169.JPG][attachmen
t=60299:DSCF0166.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
didnt have to move the diff lock on my 06 500. took it of ,installed the windsheild mount with the one bolt facing away from the diff lock and reinstalled the diff lock in its original place.. hole drilled for it locating pin . still ok . looks good , worth waiting three months to get it . back ordered.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Best looking windsheild iv ever seen!! cup holders look deadly too!!! cant wait to get mine, Ill try mounting it on the 01 and the 04 first too see if it will fit if it does I may order two more and sell my old ones ... prairie you are close boggy is where I have my cabin gotta luv the park !

·
Registered
106 Posts
Where did you find these at?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got mine through Browns in Yorkton.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
How does the windshield come off.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
That's a great looking windshield , I'm waiting to see if somone trys it on an 06 650v2 as I could never stand the look of the 06 model, ugly comes to mind when I look at it. If it ever fit the 06 's they would have a hard time selling them as that 07 windshield is the cats meow. Easily detachable would be a major plus also.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The winshield has two pegs one on each side that slide into a receiver which is mounted on the handlebars. A thumbwheel setsrew on the receiver holds the windshield to the bike. It's as easy as loosening those two setscrews, pull it out. Look closely at the pics I posted earlier (right below the difflock switch) and you'll see the attachment point.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Well you know that saying no balls no glory , I just ordered the 07 windshield for my 06 400 fis in lime green for $130 shipped, if it fits a 06 500 its got to fit the 400, it better. I decided to order it for the 400 for the direct color match because my Tony Stewart orange 650 v2 has no color matches , maybe the black would look okay but I'll wait and see how well it fits. That detachable feature is a home run in my book, I couldn't see buying unless I could remove it easily.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Well we got our new windshields in at the shop and I put one on it looks great. And fit on my o5 I had to take the lock off but was able to put the lock back on in the same position. Here are some picks.
[attachment=60999:pentex_photos_036.jpg]
[attachment=61000:pentex_photos_040.jpg]
[attachment=61001:pentex_photos_041.jpg]
[attachment=61002:pentex_photos_043.jpg]
[attachment=61003:pentex_photos_045.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I would say there will be a low demand for the 06 windshield and a very high demand for the 07 style as I'm thinking of ordering a black one for my Ts 650v2 . I sure hate it when I start thinking about buying more goodies because I always end up saying f_ _ _k it and just ordering. Stay tuned because I believe if it mounted ok on an 05 650v2 , the 06 is essentially the same body / frame wise and I'll verify.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
The good news is the handlebars for the 05 and 06 are the same so if they fit one my bet is they will fit all of them, I verified the 05/06 400,500 650's for both years. The 07 handlebars are a different part # but probably close enough in dimensions to 05/06 not to matter. Looks like I will order another in black soon.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Just ordered 07 windshield in black, $114.71 with shipping $129.66 at http://catbargains2.lookupparts.com/home.asp

Sales rep verified yes the 05/06 handle bars are the same so they will fit as per the previous posts. Thanks to all who verified the fit but bummer because it cost me money I really didn't want to spend but I couldn't help myself because of cold weather riding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts