Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just perchased a 2000 pantera 1000 . I have no manual with it and would like to know how you set up the quick adjustment suspension.
Is there a tool needed or how does it work. Thx.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
this is the tool you need to engage overload springs. You'll need spark plug socket and screwdriver bar to use it.

You only need the spark plug socket and screwdriver bar that came with sled to adjust rear adjuster blocks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 660catman I really appreciate the information.. Had a 580 ext but it did not have that suspension setup. This pantera has alot of different components I' be never had the pleasure of working with. Again thank you so much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HEY!
Thanks catman,sorry took so long to reply. I really appreciate you sending me that link.I have since sold the panterra 1000 and looking at a 570 panther touring any thoughts about this sled. Is it a reliable machine any good in deep snow.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
Well you’re going to miss the power for sure. The 570 is a good motor. I like it in my Bearcat for ice fishing. Having had two 136” track machines I have not really got stuck in deep snow but what do you consider deep snow. I had a 93 Pantera with the 550 liquid. It’s was a great machine. I have a T660 Turbo Touring which has lots of power. You kinda need that when encountering slush conditions on a lake. I have encountered slush with my Bearcat with the 8” skis and 20”x154” track but it floats a lot more and the motor is getting a workout. It is a 800 lb machine though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  1. I consider deep snow a couple feet or more. The reason I got ride of the 1000 is everyone told me that I would either be broken down or stuck. I also do a lot of ice fishing here in North western ontario.not looking to go 100+ miles an hour. Simply get there but also want to get back. I go to a lot or remote places and probably will have to break trail at times. Can the 570 handle pulling a sleigh. With out melting down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that bearcat is an 800lbs sled that's unreal. That 1000 was 695lbs and I though that was a beast.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
Here’s what I usually tow for fishing

IMG_1885.jpg

Here’s what I tow when I go winter camping

IMG_0416.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts