Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I know you guys have all had this chat already about ctec oil vs others. I’m looking for opinions. My dealer is constantly out of ctec oil that I need for my zr6000. Is there any different oil you would recommend. I’m not asking what’s better or cheaper or anything. I literally just need oil and can never get it. Thanks every I know your all sick of this discussion

·
Registered
546 Posts
Order it from Country Cat. They sell 2.5 gallon jugs. I would not ruin anything else in it because of the oil pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone. I know you guys have all had this chat already about ctec oil vs others. I’m looking for opinions. My dealer is constantly out of ctec oil that I need for my zr6000. Is there any different oil you would recommend. I’m not asking what’s better or cheaper or anything. I literally just need oil and can never get it. Thanks every I know your all sick of this discussion
I use Amsoil interceptor in mine and have for years. If you want to you can watch the cold flow test on YouTube. I have never had a issue

·
Registered
38 Posts
Klotz can be used in the c-tec motor. It says so right on the jug. You can get from amazon for about $40 per gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I used amsoil interceptor once before when I couldn’t get oil and it ran fine. I’m always gonna run ctec oil when I can but for the times I can’t it’s good to know the alternatives

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used Amsoil Interceptor in my 05 M7 since I bought it. No problems and exhaust valves have never needed to be cleaned.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Amsoil Interceptor will work just fine. My 6000 CTEC spent the first 1500 miles of it's life on it. At 3500 now using the CTEC2 oil. Compression close to 140 psi on both cylinders with no scoring.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
I've used Amsoil Interceptor in my 05 M7 since I bought it. No problems and exhaust valves have never needed to be cleaned.
you don't have the electronics that run the oil system that a Ctec 2 has, if you don't run one it's not the same

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Plenty of places you can order from in Canada to get Ctec2 oil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts