Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 2006 H1 for a year now and get fight the urge to mod anymore.

Just was wondering if I would be on the right track by doing the following. What I am looking for is better throttle response to get rid of the low end lag (noticed since i put on 27" mud lites) and really make it pull down low like I think it should.

1. Drill carb slide (will this have any negative effect on the idle or fuel consumption).
2. Secondary clutch spring into 4th notch (will this effect top end or overall performance).
3. Speedwerx muffler (will I have to re-jet?).
4. Looking to upgrade the mud lites to more aggressive tires like executioners or mudbugs possibly the mud b**ch, if this won't bog the machine down due to the heavier weight of the tire.

I enter a few sled pulls/mud bogg contest each year and want to unleash the potential that the bike has. Just wondering if yall had any advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I know for the pipe yes you will have to rejet. And also a pipe will help you a lot for throttle response.

For your tires go with mudbugs or even consider swamplites. Good tires. With those mud [email protected]#$%s they will bog you down a lot.

The carb slide mod is a good mod to do. You will have to let it idle for about 2-5 minutes before you decide to go. Because their is a lot of fuel and air getting pushed through.

And with the clutch go with the EPI if you want because you already have 4.0 gears so the clutch kit will help out a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts