Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im looking at a 2005 Sabercat with 2000 miles on it, they are asking 3600 for it, my two questionars are:

It has a 13.5in wide track on it, is the tunnel the same as a F series sled and can it accept a standard 15in wide track?

THe seating stance, is it a sit up style like the newer F series or is it the traditional low seat stance like the Z series sleds? Its far away and if it has the older slouch seating I dont think I want to bother to travel to see it.

Thanks

~ Phil

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
No it will not take a 15" suspension as the tunnel is only 14.25" if I remember correctly and unfortunately no they are not rider forward. I put a seat wedge on my F7 (same body different susp.) to get the rider forward, it was nice with the exception of always sliding forward into the tank cap.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi THanks for the info so the seat is also narrow like a Phazer im guessing. Ive seen those seat wedges on shadetree and wondered how that would be, Id think you would need to lift the seat all the way across and not just in the back.

Thanks ~ Phil

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Hi THanks for the info so the seat is also narrow like a Phazer im guessing. Ive seen those seat wedges on shadetree and wondered how that would be, Id think you would need to lift the seat all the way across and not just in the back.

Thanks ~ Phil

Yep the seat is like 14.25"/14.50, That is where I bought my wedge, they are nice and it does do what they say, took the back and knee pain away, however if your not paying attention you will have twin pain....lol eekkk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.